Jeanne M. Ives
|Jeanne M. Ives|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 42|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Wheaton City Council|
|Bachelor's||United States Military Academy, 1987|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Place of birth||South Dakota|
Ives earned her B.S. in Economics from from United States Military Academy in 1987. Her professional experience includes working as ROTC instructor for Wheaton College, tax consultant, and bookkeeper. She served in the United States Army.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ives served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Elementary & Secondary Education|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• International Trade & Commerce|
|• Labor & Commerce|
|• Mass Transit|
Ives's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Term Limits
- End to Legislator Pensions
- Excerpt: "I will not sign on to the pension system if elected and I do not need state health insurance."
- Repeal 2011 Tax Increase
- School Choice
- Audit All State Spending
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Jeanne M. Ives defeated Adam Johnson in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 42 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jeanne M. Ives Incumbent||62.9%||8,370|
Ives won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 42. Ives defeated Dave Carlin, Chris Hage and Laura M. Pollastrini in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated William R. Adams (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeanne M. Ives||61.6%||31,299|
|Democratic||William R. Adams||38.4%||19,481|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jeanne M. Ives||35.8%||5,436|
|Laura M. Pollastrini||19.8%||3,015|
Comprehensive donor information for Ives is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ives raised a total of $86,170 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 19, 2013.
|Jeanne M. Ives's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 42||$86,170|
|Grand Total Raised||$86,170|
2012Ives won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ives raised a total of $86,170.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeanne M. Ives's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Opportunity Project||$10,000|
|Uihlein, Richard E||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$86,170|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ives and her husband, Paul, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeanne + Ives + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Jeanne Ives on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Jeanne Ives, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Ives, Jeanne M," accessed July 19, 2013
Sandra M. Pihos (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |