|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 89|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Memphis State University, 1971|
|Master's||Memphis State University, 1980|
|Birthday||September 13, 1949|
|Place of birth||Memphis, TN|
Richardson has been a Consultant since 2001. Previously she was Managing Director of XMI Memphis.
Richardson's experience in the mental health care field has been as a Welfare Worker/Protection Services Worker for the Tennessee Department of Human Services from 1972 to 1973; a Mental Health Worker from 1973 to 1974 for Northeast Community Mental Health Center; and as an Inpatient Supervisor from 1974 to 1974.
Richardson has held management positions in the mental health care field at the Northeast Community Mental Health Center as Coordinator of Psychiatric Services from 1975 to 1977; and as Coordinator of Community Services from 1977 to 1982. In addition, she was Director of Planning and Development/Director of Administration Services/Executive Director for the Midtown Mental Health Center, Incorporated from 1982 to 1997.
Richardson earned an M.P.A. in Health Services Administration from Memphis State University in 1980. After receiving a B.A. in Social Work from Memphis State University in 1971, Richardson attended Human Behavior and Research studies at the University of Tennessee School of Social Work in 1977. She is currently attending Health Services Research-Outcomes studies at Saint Louis University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Richardson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Richardson served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Consumer Affairs
- Subcommittee on Family Justice, Vice Chair
- Consumer & Employee Affairs Committee, Tennessee House
- Health & Human Resources Committee, Tennessee House
- Subcommittee on Public Health and Family Assistance, Vice Chair
Richardson ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 90. Richardson and Ian L. Randolph were defeated by incumbent John J. Deberry, Jr. in the August 2 primary election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 90 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John DeBerry, Jr. Incumbent||59.7%||4,084|
|Jeanne Richardson Incumbent||31.1%||2,125|
Richardson raised $8,275 for her campaign.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 89 (2008)|
|Jeanne Richardson (D)||11,219|
In 2010, Richardson received $45,496 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeanne Richardson's campaign in 2010|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$3,250|
|Tennessee Dental Association||$2,500|
|Tennessee Education Association||$2,000|
|Tennessee Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Tennessee Medical Association||$1,200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,496|
Richardson raised $8,275 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee Society of Anesthesiologists||$750|
|Service Employees Local 205||$500|
|Tennessee Dental Association||$500|
|Tennessee Bankers Association||$500|
|Tennessee Education Association||$500|
|American Institute of Architects Tennessee||$500|
|Tennessee Medical Association||$500|
Richardson is single and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeanne + Richardson + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Official House Election Results, 2010
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 89
- District 89 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 89
| Succeeded by|
John J. Deberry, Jr. (D)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |