|U.S. Senate, New Hampshire|
|January 3, 2009-Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Governor of New Hampshire|
|New Hampshire Senate|
|Bachelor's||Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||University of Mississippi|
|Date of birth||January 28, 1947|
|Place of birth||St. Charles, Missouri|
Shaheen graduated from high school in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, and earned a bachelor's degree in English from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania and a master's degree from the University of Mississippi.
She taught high school in Mississippi and moved to New Hampshire in 1973, where she taught school and owned a small business. In between holding public office, in April 2005 Shaheen was named director of Harvard University's Institute of Politics.
Shaheen serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Foreign Relations
- Subcommittee on African Affairs
- Subcommittee on International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy and Global Women's Issues
- Subcommittee on European Affairs (Chairwoman)
- Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection
- Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests
- Subcommittee on Water and Power
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Impeachment Trial Committee on the Articles against Judge G. Thomas Porteous, Jr.
|United States Senate, New Hampshire General Election, 2010|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Shaheen paid her congressional staff a total of $2,188,856 in 2011. She ranks 5th on the list of the lowest paid Democratic Senatorial Staff Salaries and she ranks 20th overall of the lowest paid Senatorial Staff Salaries in 2011. Overall, New Hampshire ranks 48th in average salary for senatorial staff. The average U.S. Senate congressional staff was paid $2,529,141.70 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Shaheen's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $479,021 and $4,679,993. That averages to $2,579,507, which is lower than the average net worth of Democratic Senators in 2010 of $19,383,524 .
Percentage voting with party
Jeanne Shaheen voted with the Democratic Party 93.0% of the time, which ranked 30th among the 51 Senate Democratic members as of November 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeanne + Shaheen + New Hampshire + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Shaheen is the wife of Lebanese-American attorney and political operative Bill Shaheen. Together they have three children.
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen Official U.S. Senate site
- Jeanne Shaheen for U.S. Senate Official campaign site
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
John E. Sununu
|United States Senate - New Hampshire
| Succeeded by|
|Governor of New Hampshire
| Succeeded by|
|New Hampshire Senate
| Succeeded by|