|Iowa State Senate District 10|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|President Pro Tempore, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associates||Hawkeye Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||University of Northern Iowa, 2004|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1988-1994|
|Date of birth||August 6, 1970|
|Place of birth||Waterloo, IA|
Danelson earned his AA from Hawkeye Community College. He went on to receive his BA in Public Administration from the University of Northern Iowa. He later earned his MPP from the University of Northern Iowa in 2004.
Danielson was Electronics Warfare Technician 2nd Class in the United States Navy from 1988 to 1994. He is currently a Firefighter for Cedar Falls, Iowa. He is also Commissioner of the Iowa Department of Transportation.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Danielson has been appointed to these committees:
- Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa
- Rules and Administration
- State Government Chair
- Veterans Affairs Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Danielson served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Danielson is running for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, he is running in district 30. Danielson is running unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Matt Reisetter is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
On November 4, 2008, Danielson was re-elected to the 10th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Walt Rogers (R). A districtwide recount was conducted after one of the closest races in Black Hawk County history. On November 26, 2008, Rogers conceded the race.
Danielson raised $270,574 for his campaign, while Rogers raised $78,184. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 10, 2008|
|Democratic||Jeff Danielson Incumbent||50%||16,103|
In 2008 Danielson collected $270,574 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Democratic Majority Fund||$98,843|
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$20,000|
|AFSCME Iowa Council 61||$10,000|
|All Children Matter||$8,171|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jeff + Danielson + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Danielson and his wife, Kim, have two children.
- Sen. Danielson's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Jeff Danielson
- Iowa Senate Website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Jeff Danielson on Facebook
- Jeff Danielson on Twitter
|Iowa Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|