|Iowa State Senate District 10|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|President Pro Tempore, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Hawkeye Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||University of Northern Iowa, 2004|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1988-1994|
|Birthday||August 6, 1970|
|Place of birth||Waterloo, IA|
Danelson earned his AA from Hawkeye Community College. He went on to receive his BA in Public Administration from the University of Northern Iowa. He later earned his MPP from the University of Northern Iowa in 2004.
Danielson was Electronics Warfare Technician 2nd Class in the United States Navy from 1988 to 1994. He is currently a Firefighter for Cedar Falls, Iowa. He is also Commissioner of the Iowa Department of Transportation.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Danielson has been appointed to these committees:
- Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa
- Rules and Administration
- State Government Chair
- Veterans Affairs Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Danielson served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Rules and Administration Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Danielson is running for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, he is running in district 30. Danielson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and will face Matt Reisetter in the general election on November 6, 2012.
On November 4, 2008, Danielson was re-elected to the 10th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Walt Rogers (R). A districtwide recount was conducted after one of the closest races in Black Hawk County history. On November 26, 2008, Rogers conceded the race.
Danielson raised $270,574 for his campaign, while Rogers raised $78,184. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 10, 2008|
|Democratic||Jeff Danielson Incumbent||50%||16,103|
In 2008 Danielson collected $270,574 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Democratic Majority Fund||$98,843|
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$20,000|
|AFSCME Iowa Council 61||$10,000|
|All Children Matter||$8,171|
Danielson and his wife, Kim, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jeff + Danielson + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Danielson's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Jeff Danielson
- Iowa Senate Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Jeff Danielson on Facebook
- Jeff Danielson on Twitter
- Iowa Secretary of State "Unofficial Primary Results," June 5, 2012
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2012
- WCF Courier "Walt Rogers concedes Senate 10 race," November 26, 2008
- 2008 Iowa Election Results
- 2008 Money Raised, Iowa Candidates
- 2008 Contributions to Jeff Danielson
|Iowa Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|