|Montana State Senate, District 28|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 3, 2015
Essmann earned his BS in Industrial Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 1974. He went on to receive his JD from the University of Montana in 1977.
Essmann has been an attorney for the following firms: Lyraugh and Fitzgerald from 1977 to 1979, The Montana Power Company from 1979 to 1981, and Sandall and Cavan Law Firm in 1981. He was also owner/manager of Valet Today Cleaners from 1982 to 2006. He has also been owner/manager for Esstech Limited Liability Corporation from 1985 to the present.
Essmann was a delegate at the Republican National Convention in 1996. He then worked as a Precinct Committeeman for Precinct 69 Poly Drive School from 1982 to 1998. He also served as Chair on the Yellowstone County Republican Central Committee from 1995 to 1999. He was appointed to the Montana State House of Representatives in 2004. He then joined the Montana State Senate in 2005. He has served in that position since, representing the 28th district.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Essmann has been appointed to these committees:
- Education and Cultural Resources
- Energy and Telecommunications
- Public Health, Welfare and Safety
- Rules, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Essmann served on these committees:
- [[Committee on * Committees, Montana Senate]]
- Local Government Committee, Montana Senate
- Rules Committee, Montana Senate
- Taxation Committee, Montana Senate
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2010
|Montana State Senate, District 28 General election (2010)|
|Jeff Essmann (R)||5,906|
|Russell Doty (D)||2,898|
|Montana State Senate, District 28 (2006)|
|Jeff Essmann (R)||7,091|
|Rayla Romain (D)||2,841|
In 2006, Essmann collected $40,445 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Yellowstone County Republican Central Committee||$1,050|
Essmann has a wife, Sherry.
- Jeff Essmann's official campaign website
- Jeff Essmann's official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
|Montana Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|