|U.S. House, Nebraska, District 1|
|January 3, 2005-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Lincoln City Council|
|Bachelor's||Louisiana State University|
|Master's||Georgetown University, Franciscan University of Steubenville|
|Birthday||December 27, 1960|
|Place of birth||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Profession||Rancher, Publishing executive|
Fortenberry was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He earned a B.A. in economics from Louisiana State University in 1982, a Masters of Public Policy in 1986 from Georgetown University, in addition to a Master's of Theology from the Franciscan University of Steubenville in 1996.
In the private sector, Fortenberry was an executive in the publishing industry.
Fortenberry serves on the following committees:
- House Agriculture Committee
- Subcommittee on Department Operations, Oversight, and Credit Chair
- Foreign Affairs Committee
- Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Human Rights
- Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia
Percentage voting with party
The website Open Congress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Jeff Fortenberry has voted with the Republican Party 86.6% of the time, which ranked 219th among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
|United States House, Nebraska General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Jeff Fortenberry Incumbent||71.3%||116,871|
2010U.S. House in 2010 for a fourth term. His campaign committee raised a total of $568,390 and spent $513,943.
|U.S. House, Nebraska, 2010 - Jeff Fortenberry Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$21,624|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$20,490|
|Top contributors to Jeff Fortenberry's campaign committee|
|American Bankers Assn||$10,000|
|Tuesday Group PAC||$10,000|
|BryanLGH Health System||$9,600|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeff + Fortenberry + Nebraska + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
- Parking ordinances gain approval - Norfolk Daily News
- Unambiguous Attack on Religious Freedom in Our Country - Southern Maryland News Net
- Congress: Obamacare Assaults Religious Freedom - Heritage.org (blog)
- Netherlands accused of 'casting away' the elderly as Republicans attack HHS ... - Raw Story
- A reset in the Nebraska Senate race - Washington Post (blog)
- Representative Fortenberry introduces Farm Program Integrity Act - Hamburg Reporter
- Crop insurance battle expected during House farm bill debate - Agri-Pulse
- Rep. Mike Thompson wants crop insurance to require conservation - San Francisco Chronicle (blog)
- Senate trims insurance subsidies for some - Agriculture.com
- Don Walton: They're off and running - Lincoln Journal Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Jeff and his wife Celeste live in Lincoln, where they raise five young daughters.
- Congressman Jeff Fortenberry official U.S. House site
- Jeff Fortenberry for U.S. Congress official campaign site
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media coverage:
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State "2012 Primary Candidates List," Accessed March 3, 2012
- ↑ Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "FORTENBERRY, Jeff, (1960 - )"
- ↑ Congressman Jeff Fortenberry, Proudly Serving the 1st Congressional District of Nebraska "Committee Information"
- ↑ Open Congress "Voting With Party"
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ Open Secrets "Denny Rehberg 2010 Election Data," Accessed November 12, 2011
- ↑ Jeff Fortenberry, United States Congress "About Jeff"
|U.S. House of Representatives - Nebraska, District 1
| Succeeded by|
|Lincoln City Council
| Succeeded by|