|Michigan House of Representatives District 53|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Washtenaw County Commissioners|
Irwin graduated from the University of Michigan in 2000 with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science.
Irwin's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"If elected, I will propose energy saving measures that will reduce pollution and save money. I will fight to give citizens the right to know what is in the products we buy; and I will hold polluters accountable, making them clean up their act with a combination of incentives for pollution prevention and penalties for poisoning our air and water."
- Excerpt:"I believe that this is the main reason why Ann Arbor has weathered our current economic climate better than our neighbors. Ann Arbor is an education community and smart people are a competitive advantage that we would be wise to cultivate."
- Excerpt:"Finally, we all make a difference in our local economy every day. Each dollar we spend is like a vote and when we buy locally  it’s like voting for Ann Arbor to be more economically vibrant."
- Excerpt:"I am committed to the continuing struggle for human rights. I am proud to be part of a community that shares these values and I believe that Ann Arbor has an opportunity and an obligation to represent these concerns aggressively in Lansing."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Irwin has been appointed to these committees:
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 53 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jeff Irwin Incumbent||88.4%||5,542|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 53 General election (2010)|
|Jeff Irwin (D)||23,440|
|Chase Ingersoll (R)||5,692|
In 2010, Irwin raised $64,088 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Education Association||$4,950|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 324||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jeff + Irwin + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Jeff Irwin received a 12% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Irwin and his wife Kathryn have one child.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010