Jeff Johnson (Minnesota)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Minnesota|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2006|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Minnesota House of Representatives|
|High school||Detroit Lakes High School|
|J.D.||Georgetown Law School|
|Profession||Hennepin County Commissioner|
Johnson was first elected Hennepin County Commissioner in 2008 and won re-election in 2012. He previously served as a Republican member of the Minnesota House of Representatives. In 2006, he ran unsuccessfully for Attorney General of Minnesota.
Johnson was born in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. After graduating from Georgetown Law School in 1992, Johnson worked for several law firms and for Cargill, Inc. He founded Midwest Employment Resources after leaving Cargill, Inc. 
- Detroit Lakes High School (1985)
- Bachelor's from Concordia College (1989)
- J.D. from Georgetown Law School (1992)
- See also: Minnesota gubernatorial election, 2014
Johnson is running for election as Governor of Minnesota. Johnson is seeking the Republican nomination in the open primary election. Current incumbent Mark Dayton, a Democrat first elected governor in 2010, will run for a second term in 2014.
The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Johnson was reelected Hennepin County Commissioner in 2012.
Johnson was elected Hennepin county Commissioner in 2008.
Johnson was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2000. He was elected Assistant Majority Leader. He also served as Chairman of the Civil Law and Elections Committee and the House Republican Steering Committee.
Johnson is married to Sondi Johnson. They live in Plymouth, Minnesota with their two sons, Thor and Rolf.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff Johnson" + Governor + Minnesota
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Marty 2.0: Seifert joins governor's race - Politics in Minnesota
- Seifert to campaign all across Minnesota in governor race - Albert Lea Tribune
- Dayton: Minnesota Board of Nursing 'asleep at the switch' - MinnPost.com
- Ingebritsen endorses Seifert for governor - Pioneer Press (blog)
- Minnesota Sex Offender Dispute Gets Political - KSTP.com
- Zellers releases (some of) his tax information - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Reporter's notebook: Walz introduces bill expanding LGBT vets' rights - Mankato Free Press
- Republican Seifert running for governor, but not as a conservative purist - MinnPost.com
- Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down - NUjournal
- Outstate debate held in Owatonna for GOP candidates - Southernminn.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Grand Forks Herald, "Ex-lawmaker looks to bridge gap in Minnesota governor run," May 5, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Jeff Johnson for Governor, "About Jeff," accessed July 3, 2013
- ↑ The Star Tribune, "Hennepin County Commissioner Jeff Johnson announces he will seek GOP nomination for governor," May 5, 2013
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |