Jeff Smith (Wisconsin)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 93|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 93|
|2007 – 2010|
|High school||North High School|
|Birthday||March 15, 1955|
|Place of birth||Eau Claire, Wisconsin|
Smith represented District 93 in the Wisconsin State Assembly from 2007-2010. He served as the Town Chair of Brunswick from 2001-2007.
After graduating from North High School, Smith began working full-time for his father's business, Bob Smith Window Cleaning, which he would go on to own and operate.
Smith is the Chair of the Parent Advisory Council, and member of the Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce, Eau Claire Family Resource Center, Kiwanis Club of Eau Clair, Wisconsin Alliance for Excellent Schools Wisconsin, and Wisconsin Conservation Voters.
During his time in the Wisconsin State Assembly, Smith served on the following committees:
- Colleges and Universities Committee (Vice Chair)
- Education Committee
- Elections and Campaign Reform Committee (Chair)
- Financial Institutions Committee (Vice Chair)
- Public Safety Committee
- Renewable Energy and Rural Affairs Committee
Legislation sponsored in 2009 included:
- AB-119 Five-year-old kindergarten made a prerequisite to first grade in public and charter schools; exemption provision; school board and charter school operator duties
- AB-250 Dog sellers, animal shelters, and animal control facilities: licensing requirements created; standard of care, penalties, and DATCP duties; JRCCP report
- AB-276 U.W. Board of Regents: state divided into seven geographical districts; one citizen member must reside in each district
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Smith ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 93. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Warren Petryk (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Warren Petryk Incumbent||50.8%||15,612|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Smith was defeated in his bid for re-election to Wisconsin State Assembly District 93. He was defeated by Republican Warren Petryk in the general election on November 2, 2010. Smith was unopposed in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 93 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Jeffrey Smith (D)||1,927||99.54%|
The top 5 donors to Smith's 2008 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Eau Claire County||$1,463|
|Assembly Democratic Campaign Cmte||$548|
Smith and his wife have two daughters.
In February 2010, Smith received a Humane State Legislator award from The Humane Society of the United States. The award recognized Smith for his efforts to pass The Dog Breeders Licensure Bill, which regulates large-scale puppy breeding operations, commonly referred to as "puppy mills."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Smith + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- WISCONSIN NEWS ROUND-UP: Green Bay bridge scheduled to re-open by mid ... - Pierce County Herald
- Glimpses of the Past: Nov. 21 - Green Bay Press Gazette
- Thoughts of the day: November 27, 2013 - GatorCountry.com
- 235 People in the ASC Industry to Know - Becker's ASC Review
- 233 People in the ASC Industry to Know - PR Web (press release)
- Funeral Notices for November 13, 2013 - The Randolph Guide
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Smith's Freedom Speaks profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Smith
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "November 2010 General Election Recounts"
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Notice and Petition of Recount for 93rd Assembly District", November 9, 2010
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "November 2010 General Election Recounts" retrieved November 24, 2010
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
- ↑ WQOW, "Rep. Jeff Smith Receives Humane Legislator Award," February 25, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 93
| Succeeded by|
Warren Petryk (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |