For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York Senate District 34|
|2005 - present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|1994 - 2004|
|J.D.||City University of New York Law School|
|Date of birth||July 10, 1960|
|Place of birth||Bronx, NY|
Klein worked in Lead Paint Litigation for Trolman & Glaser Firm. He was then Chief of Staff/Executive Assistant for Congressman James Scheuer from 1985 to 1988. He worked as District Administrator from 1988 to 1992. He is currently Partner for Klein Calderoni & Santucci, Limited Liability Partnership.
Klein earned his BA from Queens College in 1983. He went on to receive his MPA from the School of International and Public Affairs from Columbia University in 1985. He then earned his JD from the City University of New York Law School in 1993.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 34 (2010)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||35,880|
|Frank Vernuccio (R)||17,721|
On November 4, 2008 Jeffrey Klein won the election for New York State Senate, District 34 with 61,862 votes.
Klein raised $1,811,483 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||61,862|
|Daniel Fasolino (R)||22,622|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Jeffrey Klein's 2008 campaign.
|Financial Service Centers of New York||$29,000|
|Amerigroup Community Care||$18,750|
|Blank Per State||$17,500|
|Bronx Realty Advisory Board||$12,000|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klein has been appointed to these committees:
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Chair
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation
- Local Government
- Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Klein served on these committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Codes Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Investigations and Government Operations Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Labor Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
Klein is divorced.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|