|New York Senate District 34|
|2005 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||9|
|Majority Co-Leader, New York State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|1994 - 2004|
|J.D.||City University of New York Law School|
|Birthday||July 10, 1960|
|Place of birth||Bronx, NY|
Klein was a member of the New York State Committee from 1988 to 1990. He then served in the New York State Assembly from 1994 to 2004. He was Senate Deputy Minority Leader from 2007 to 2008. He has also served as Democratic District Leader and Deputy Majority Leader for Legislative Operations.
Klein worked in Lead Paint Litigation for Trolman & Glaser Firm. He was then Chief of Staff/Executive Assistant for Congressman James Scheuer from 1985 to 1988. He worked as District Administrator from 1988 to 1992. He is currently Partner for Klein Calderoni & Santucci, Limited Liability Partnership.
Klein earned his BA from Queens College in 1983. He went on to receive his MPA from the School of International and Public Affairs from Columbia University in 1985. He then earned his JD from the City University of New York Law School in 1993.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klein served on these committees:
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Chair
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation
- Local Government
- Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Klein served on these committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Codes Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Investigations and Government Operations Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Labor Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Klein ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 34. He ran unopposed in the Democratic and Republican primaries on September 13, 2012, as well as on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Klein defeated Elizabeth Perri (C) and Carl Lundgren (G) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jeffrey Klein Incumbent||93.8%||80,421|
Klein ran in the 2010 election for New York State Senate District 34. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary. He defeated Frank Vernuccio (R) in the general election. He ran as a member of the Democratic, Independence, and Working Families party.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 34 (2010)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||35,880|
|Frank Vernuccio (R)||17,721|
On November 4, 2008 Jeffrey Klein won the election for New York State Senate, District 34 with 61,862 votes.
Klein raised $1,811,483 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Jeffrey Klein (D)||61,862|
|Daniel Fasolino (R)||22,622|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Listed below are the largest contributors to Klein's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffrey Klein's campaign in 2010|
|Manhattan Beer Distributors||$13,500|
|Brian Hill Realty Llc||$12,500|
|New York City District Council Of Carpenters||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,885,697|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Jeffrey Klein's 2008 campaign.
|Financial Service Centers of New York||$29,000|
|Amerigroup Community Care||$18,750|
|Blank Per State||$17,500|
|Bronx Realty Advisory Board||$12,000|
Klein is divorced.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jeffrey + Klein + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Jeffrey's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money "Klein's 2010 Campaign contributions
|New York State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |