Jeffrey L. Campbell
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 6|
|Councilman, Town of Saltville|
|Mayor, Town of Saltville|
|Bachelor's||Mass Communication and Political Science, Emory & Henry College|
|J.D.||Appalachian School of Law|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Years of service||1993-2001|
Campbell earned a B.A. in Mass Communication and Political Science from Emory & Henry College in 1992 and a J.D. from Appalachian School of Law. He has practiced law as part of Campbell Law Firm since 2000. His political experience includes six years (1998-2004) as a Councilman and six years (2004-2010) as the Mayor of Saltville, Virginia. Campbell served in the United States Army Reserve from 1993 to 2001.
Campbell's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Development
"I will propose, if elected, to appropriate more discretionary money for localities to hire industrial recruiters and economic development professionals to level the playing field with other areas of the Commonwealth."
"I would support legislation to allow for alterations in the school schedules to provide for a standard four-day week. This would greatly reduce transportation, infrastructure and human resources costs and offer several advantages for students, teachers and the system as a whole."
- Public Safety
"I further support the institution of armed police officers into every school in the Commonwealth. The tragedy that has befallen places such as Sandy Hook and Columbine should never happen here at home and I believe the best way to ensure this is by providing a well-trained, well-armed security officer as a first line of defense."
In 2013, Campbell was endorsed by the following:
Campbell and his wife, Carie, have four children. He is a member of the Allison Gap Ruritan Club and coaches youth football, baseball and basketball in Smyth County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Campbell + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 8, 2013
- Jeff Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, Accessed May 6, 2013
- Issues, Jeff Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, Accessed May 3, 2013
- Jeffrey Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, "Delegate Anne B. Crockett-Stark Announces Support for Jeff Campbell," May 4, 2013
- National Rifle Association, "Political Victory Fund," Accessed May 31, 2013