Jeffrey L. Campbell
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 6|
|January 8, 2014|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Councilman, Town of Saltville|
|Mayor, Town of Saltville|
|Bachelor's||Mass Communication and Political Science, Emory & Henry College|
|J.D.||Appalachian School of Law|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Years of service||1993-2001|
Campbell earned a B.A. in Mass Communication and Political Science from Emory & Henry College in 1992 and a J.D. from Appalachian School of Law. He has practiced law as part of Campbell Law Firm since 2000. His political experience includes six years (1998-2004) as a Councilman and six years (2004-2010) as the Mayor of Saltville, Virginia. Campbell served in the United States Army Reserve from 1993 to 2001.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Campbell served on the following committees:
|Virginia Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Counties, Cities and Towns|
|• Courts of Justice|
Campbell's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Development
"I will propose, if elected, to appropriate more discretionary money for localities to hire industrial recruiters and economic development professionals to level the playing field with other areas of the Commonwealth."
"I would support legislation to allow for alterations in the school schedules to provide for a standard four-day week. This would greatly reduce transportation, infrastructure and human resources costs and offer several advantages for students, teachers and the system as a whole."
- Public Safety
"I further support the institution of armed police officers into every school in the Commonwealth. The tragedy that has befallen places such as Sandy Hook and Columbine should never happen here at home and I believe the best way to ensure this is by providing a well-trained, well-armed security officer as a first line of defense."
Campbell won election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 6. Campbell defeated Jack Weaver in the June 11 Republican primary. Campbell defeated Jonathan McGrady (D) and Barbara T. Hall (I) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 6 Republican Primary, 2013|
|Jeffrey Campbell Incumbent||70.7%||684|
Incumbent Anne B. Crockett-Stark (R) did not seek re-election, leaving the race in this usually Republican district an open seat. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney (R) won 66 percent of the vote in this district in 2012, and Governor Bob McDonnell (R) won 72 percent in 2009. Despite the uphill climb, Democrats put forward a strong bid for this seat with Jonathan McGrady, a candidate who has a concealed weapons permit, an aversion to tax increases, and a door-knocking campaign despite the occasional unfriendly dog. The addition of Independent challenger Barbara T. Hall had the potential to complicate the race for Republican candidate Campbell, but Democratic candidates were likely to win elsewhere before they scored a victory in this district.
In 2013, Campbell was endorsed by the following:
Campbell and his wife, Carie, have four children. He is a member of the Allison Gap Ruritan Club and coaches youth football, baseball and basketball in Smyth County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Campbell + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia House of Delegates
- Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Del. Campbell's website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Jeff Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, "Campaign website," accessed May 6, 2013
- Jeff Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, "Issues," accessed May 3, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Primary Results," accessed June 13, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- VPAP, "House of Delegates District 6," accessed October 2, 2013
- University of Virginia Center for Politics, Sabato's Crystal Ball, "Republicans Certain to Retain Control of Virginia House of Delegates," August 8, 2013
- Jeffrey Campbell for Virginia House of Delegates, "Delegate Anne B. Crockett-Stark Announces Support for Jeff Campbell," May 4, 2013
- National Rifle Association, "Political Victory Fund," accessed May 31, 2013
Anne B. Crockett-Stark (R)
|Virginia House of Delegates District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |