Difference between revisions of "Jeh Johnson"
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
Revision as of 16:22, 22 October 2013
|Secretary of Homeland Security nominee|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||October 18, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|General Counsel for the Department of Defense|
|General Counsel for the Department of the Air Force|
|Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York|
|J.D.||Columbia Law School|
|Date of birth||September 11, 1957|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
He previously served as general counsel for the Pentagon and for the Air Force, as well as being a private practice attorney.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Yellen's academic, professional and political career:
- 1979: Graduated from Morehouse College
- 1982: Earned J.D. from Columbia Law School
- 1984-1988: Attorney at a private practice
- 1989-1991: Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
- 1992-1998: Attorney at Paul Weiss
- 1998-2001: General Counsel at Department of the Air Force
- 2001-2008: Attorney at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP
- 2008-2012: General Counsel at Department of Defense
Johnson is married with three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeh + Johnson + Homeland + Security
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.