For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Secretary of Homeland Security nominee|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||October 18, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|General Counsel for the Department of Defense|
|General Counsel for the Department of the Air Force|
|Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York|
|J.D.||Columbia Law School|
|Date of birth||September 11, 1957|
|Place of birth||New York, New York|
He previously served as general counsel for the Pentagon and for the Air Force, as well as being a private practice attorney.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Yellen's academic, professional and political career:
- 1979: Graduated from Morehouse College
- 1982: Earned J.D. from Columbia Law School
- 1984-1988: Attorney at a private practice
- 1989-1991: Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York
- 1992-1998: Attorney at Paul Weiss
- 1998-2001: General Counsel at Department of the Air Force
- 2001-2008: Attorney at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP
- 2008-2012: General Counsel at Department of Defense
During Johnson's Senate committee hearing, Sen. Tom Coburn accused Johnson of using answers that were "cut and pasted" from previous nominees. Some of his responses were very similar to statements made by previous DHS Secretary, Janet Napolitano, during her tenure. Sens. Coburn and Tom Carper urged Johnson to revise his answers to those questions.
Johnson is married with three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeh + Johnson + Homeland + Security
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Huffington Post, "Jeh Johnson, Obama DHS Pick, Has Dealt With Weighty National Security Issues," October 18, 2013
- Las Vegas Sun, "Biographical information for Jeh C. Johnson," October 22, 2013
- Fox News, "Coburn: DHS Nominee Johnson used cribbed answers for confirmation hearing," November 13, 2013
- Politico, "10 things to know about Jeh Johnson," October 18, 2013