Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 71|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Richmond|
|J.D.||University of Virginia Law School, 1997|
|Place of birth||Petersburg, VA|
An attorney by trade, McClellan currently works as Program Director for the Oliver Hill/Samuel Tucker Prelaw Institute. She earned her B.A. from the University of Richmond in 1994 and her J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School in 1997.
- Teachers and Administrative Action Subcommittee
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- HB 1980 Family life education; right of parents to review certain materials.
- HB 2489 Assault and battery; penalty when against family or household member.
- HB 2600 Transportation-disadvantaged persons; requires State to develop plans and programs to assist.
On November 8, 2011, McClellan won re-election to District 71 of the Virginia House of Delegates. She was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, McClellan was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Jean McClellan (D)||11,628|
|Silver Persinger (I)||2,406|
On her official website McClellan states, "My top priorities as your Delegate are supporting our public schools through better pay for our teachers, smaller class sizes for our children, and increased school construction and renovation funding, helping small businesses thrive in the Virginia economy, and ensuring our public safety officials have the tools and training they need to keep Virginians safe."
Delegate McClellan on Abraham Lincoln
The top 5 donors to McClellan's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$6,271|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$5,000|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$5,000|
|Allen Allen Allen and Allen||$4,500|
- Delegate Jenn McClellan official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Jenn McClellan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Delegate McClellan Facebook profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Sorensen Institute profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 71
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |