|Virginia House of Delegates District 71|
|2006 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of Richmond|
|J.D.||University of Virginia Law School, 1997|
|Place of birth||Petersburg, VA|
An attorney by trade, McClellan currently works as Program Director for the Oliver Hill/Samuel Tucker Prelaw Institute. She earned her B.A. from the University of Richmond in 1994 and her J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School in 1997.
In the 2012-2013 session, McClellan served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, McClellan served on the following committees:
- Teachers and Administrative Action Subcommittee
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #2
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- HB 1980 Family life education; right of parents to review certain materials.
- HB 2489 Assault and battery; penalty when against family or household member.
- HB 2600 Transportation-disadvantaged persons; requires State to develop plans and programs to assist.
McClellan is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 71. McClellan ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, McClellan was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Jean McClellan (D)||11,628|
|Silver Persinger (I)||2,406|
On her official website McClellan states, "My top priorities as your Delegate are supporting our public schools through better pay for our teachers, smaller class sizes for our children, and increased school construction and renovation funding, helping small businesses thrive in the Virginia economy, and ensuring our public safety officials have the tools and training they need to keep Virginians safe."
Delegate McClellan on Abraham Lincoln
In 2011, McClellan received $119,174 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jenn McClellan's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$13,448|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$4,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,500|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$119,174|
The top 5 donors to McClellan's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$6,271|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$5,000|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$5,000|
|Allen Allen Allen and Allen||$4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jenn + McClellan + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Jenn McClellan official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Jenn McClellan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Delegate McClellan Facebook profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Sorensen Institute profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate McClellan
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Jennifer McClellan Issues
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 71
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |