Jennifer B. Boysko
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 86|
|Bachelor's||Hollins College, in Roanoke, VA|
- Excerpt: "Creating new Transit Oriented Development regions, with multi-modal access will help get cars off the road and allow residents to live, work and play closer to home. In my capacity as aide to Supervisor Foust I worked to ensure that surrounding business leaders and residents have also been a part of the conversation. ...I oppose any legislation that would require transfer of secondary road maintenance to the counties, especially if it is not accompanied with adequate revenue enhancements. ...VDOT has failed because there is not adequate funding. The state has to fulfill its responsibility to its citizens."
- Excerpt: "Teachers have lost autonomy in the classroom and students are learning how to take standardized multiple-choice tests instead of being able to focus on critical thinking and problem solving. Lawmakers in Richmond continue to block legislation that would allow localities to set start times before Labor Day. This significantly limits the time students have to prepare for their Advanced Placement exams, which handicaps them as tests are scheduled nationwide."
- Health & Human Services
- Excerpt: "I am a strong supporter of the expansion of Medicaid and recognize individuals who need extended services beyond the standard benefits. I support increasing the Medicaid eligibility in Virginia to 133 percent of the federal poverty level as envisioned by the federal health care reform law. Physical and mental health services, as well as dental services, should be included in the Medicaid expansion. Virginia’s eligibility requirements are so strict that although we are eleventh in the nation for population and seventh in per capita income, we rank forty-third in Medicaid enrollment in proportion of our population and forty-seventh in per capita Medicaid spending"
- Women’s Rights
- Excerpt: "I support Roe vs. Wade and the right to a safe, legal abortion and access to contraception. I believe it should be a settled issue. Contraception should be available to all who need it."
- Excerpt: "...I would work towards comprehensive immigration reform that includes the DREAM Act. Young people who have lived here for years and were brought here through no fault of their own should be able to earn citizenship through military service or the pursuit of higher education."
Boysko ran in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 86. Boysko defeated Herbert C. Kemp in the June 11 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2013, Boysko's endorsements include the following:
- Democracy for America
- EMILY's List
- Farm Team
- LUNA! Mid-Atlantic
- Gerry Connolly
Boysko and her husband, Glenn, have two children, Hannah and Sophie Claire. They currently reside in Herndon, Virginia. Boysko has been involved with the Council for the Arts of Herndon and the Safe Community Coalition.
- The Loudoun Times, "Democrats run for a chance to challenge Rust," June 3, 2013
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Dean group targets Va. House of Delegates seats," March 26, 2013
- Herndon Patch, "Three Candidates Running for 86th District Delegate," March 14, 2013
- The Loudoun Times, "Two Democrats file to challenge Rust in the 86th District,' January 21, 2013
- The Farm Team, "Boysko Announces for House of Delegates District 86," December 4, 2012
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Boysko + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart page
- Virginia Public Access Project page
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- Vote VA profile