|Illinois State Senate District 49|
|High school||Joliet Catholic Academy, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||University of St. Francis|
|Ph.D.||EdD, Leadership and Finance, Loyola Chicago, 2006|
|Profession||Educator and Education Administrator|
Bertino-Tarrant's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Jennifer will work with local employers to keep jobs and investment tied to the local communities, and will work through her constituent office to make sure that local businesses have a clear line of communication to every agency in the state."
- Excerpt: "In Springfield, Jennifer will fight to preserve early childhood learning programs that give local students a head start on academic success. She will also ensure that schools are equipped to prepare students for college and to give workers the skills they need to find careers in the modern workplace."
- Excerpt: "Missteps like the controversial legislative scholarship program have eroded public confidence in the General Assembly. Jennifer believes that the best way to hold elected officials accountable is to ensure that state institutions maintain the highest level of transparency. As a state senator, Jennifer will study the budget to oppose the sort of favor-trading and waste which voters have grown tired of in Springfield."
- The Budget
- Excerpt: "During her five years as Regional Superintendent, Jennifer reduced the budget every year while maintaining services. She’ll bring that same sound fiscal policy to Springfield, where for too long legislators have failed to fulfill their financial obligations and passed budgets that came more from politics than good sense."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Bertino-Tarrant is running in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 49. Bertino-Tarrant was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent William "Sam" McCann is not running for re-election in District 49, instead he is running in District 50. Bertino-Tarrant will face Republican Garrett Peck in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Bertino-Tarrant has a husband, Mike, and two children, Elise and Zackry.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jennifer + Bertino-Tarrant + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.