|Montana State Senate, District 7|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Western State College of Colorado (1990)|
Since 1992, Fielder has been the owner of a business specializing in rural revitalization, landscape development, and community enhancement. She worked for seven years in parks and public works administration. In addition to two associate's degrees from Wenatchee Valley College, she has her B.S. from Western State College of Colorado.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fielder served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Fish and Game|
|• Natural Resources|
On her website, Fielder outlined her "key goals":
•Spend public funds wisely and eliminate unnecessary taxes, regulations, & bureaucracy
•Protect citizens, families, & private property from government & corporate intrusion
•Foster reliable economic conditions & private sector job opportunities
•Promote responsible management, harvest, & use of natural resources
•Maintain safe food, water, & air for present & future generations
•Advocate cost effective education with local control & parental choice
•Defend lawful hunting, fishing, trapping, and gun rights
•Keep public lands open to the public
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Fielder won election in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 7. Fielder defeated Rick Seemann in the June 5 primary election and defeated Mark Sheets (D) and John Marshall (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Montana State Senate, District 7 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Fielder and her husband, Paul, have two children and five grandchildren. Their free time is largely spent on outdoors activities such as hunting and fishing.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jennifer + Fielder + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Committee to Elect Jennifer Fielder for Senate District 7, "My Qualifications," retrieved October 9, 2012.
- Committee to Elect Jennifer Fielder for Senate District 7, "My Key Goals," retrieved October 9, 2012.
- Montana Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate Filing List
- Montana Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
Greg Hinkle (D)
|Montana State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|