|Nebraska State Senate District 7|
|January 9, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$109/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $39/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Bachelor's||Creighton University, 2004|
|Birthday||November 10, 1981|
|Place of birth||Sioux Falls, SD|
Born November 10, 1981 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Senator Nordquist is a 2004 graduate of Creighton University. Prior to serving in the Nebraska Legislature, he served as a legislative aide.
Nordquist earned his Bachelors degree from Creighton University in 2004.
Nordquist has worked as an auto mechanic and has worked as both a legislative aide and research analyst for state senator John Synowieck since 2004.
Nordquist is currently involved in a number of organizations, including the Dahlman Neighborhood Association, Knights of Columbus, LiveStrong Omaha, Old Market South Neighborhood Association, and the Saint Frances Cabrini Parish.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nordquist has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nordquist served on these committees:
Nordquist's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Tax Relief for the Middle Class
- Excerpt:"By supporting real property tax relief and tax cuts for our seniors, Senator Nordquist has aggressively pursued an agenda to reduce the tax burden on Nebraska's middle class and retirees."
Health Care for Working Families
- Excerpt:"Too many Nebraskans are uninsured and don't have the access to health care that they deserve. Others find high insurance premiums make it extremely difficult to make ends meet. Senator Nordquist is working to find ways to increase access and quality of health care without raising taxes on Nebraska families."
Education for the 21st Century
- Excerpt:"Senator Nordquist understands that we need to provide our children with an education that prepares our children to compete for jobs in a technology-driven 21st century economy."
Safer Neighborhoods for our Families
- Excerpt:"No Nebraska family should have to live in fear of crime in their neighborhoods. Senator Nordquist has worked with other members of the Legislature to increase punishments for violent offenders and create programs to stop violent crime before it happens."
Cleaner Energy for our Environment
- Excerpt:"Producing clean, renewable energy should be a priority for all Nebraskans. By investing in renewable resources, we can reduce our dependence on foreign oil, reduce the pollutants we put into our air and water, and create good, high-paying jobs."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Nordquist is running in the 2012 election for District 7 of the Nebraska Unicameral. He advanced past the May 15 primary election and is challenged by Christopher Geary in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 7 (2008)|
In 2008, Nordquist collected $75,468 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$2,500|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce and Industry||$2,000|
|Steamfitters and Plumbers Local 464||$2,000|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,500|
|Teamsters Joint Council 554-81||$1,500|
In 2012, Nordquist has been endorsed by the following:
- Mike Battershell, President of South Omaha Neighborhood Alliance
- Arnie Breslow, President of Old Market South Neighborhood Assoc.
- Oscar Duran, President of Deer Park Neighborhood Assoc.
- Former District 7 Senator John Synowiecki
- Former District 7 Senator Tim Hall
- State Senator Brad Ashford
- State Senator Danielle Conrad
- State Senator Annette Dubas
- State Senator Burke Harr
- State Senator Russ Karpisek
- State Senator Steve Lathrop
- State Senator Amanda McGill
- State Senator Heath Mello
- Former Senator Don Preister
- City Councilman Garry Gernandt
- City Councilman Chris Jerram
- Nebraska's Teachers - Nebraska State Education Association
Nordquist has a wife, Shannon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeremiah + Nordquist + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Jeremy Nordquist's official Nebraska State legislature website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Jeremy Nordquist on Facebook
- Jeremy Nordquist on LinkedIn
- ↑ jeremynordquist.com - priorities
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate List for the Primary Election
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State - Unofficial 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Jeremy Nordquist
- ↑ jeremynordquist.com - endorsements
|Nebraska State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|