Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 12, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
He was a 2012 Independent candidate for District 76 of the Wisconsin State Assembly. Ryan is known around the state capitol as a professional protester and political provocateur. He is the executive director of Defending Wisconsin Political Action Committee, a PAC that was involved with the 2012 recall attempt against Scott Walker, Rebecca Kleefisch and J.B. Van Hollen.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Ryan's name did not appear on the official candidate list.
The following quotes are taken from a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article written in June 2011:
- "Since February 2011, Ryan has been arrested nine times and has been issued 15 citations totaling $3,604.50 for protesting and disrupting events at the Capitol."
- "He [Ryan] is one of a group of demonstrators who has decided civil disobedience is the best route to dispute the actions of the Legislature. Ryan and his fellow protesters routinely follow Republican lawmakers around taunting them."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jeremy + Ryan + Wisconsin + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Blogging Blue, "What is the Defending Wisconsin PAC spending its money on," accessed July 8, 2012
- Media Trackers, “'Segway Boy' Protester Habitual Lawbreaker," accessed September 22, 2011
- United States House of Representatives
- Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District
- Segway Jeremy Ryan's Facebook profile
- Defending Wisconsin PAC
- Defending Wisconsin PAC's Facebook page
- Defending Wisconsin PAC's Twitter
- Defending Wisconsin PAC's YouTube channel
- Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed April 16, 2014
- JSOnline, "Madison protesters have yet to pay fines," June 11, 2011
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," accessed June 12, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," accessed on June 12, 2012
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |