Jerome Patrick Tina, Jr.
Revision as of 09:32, 18 December 2010 by Geoff Pallay
|Jerome Patrick Tina, Jr.|
New York State Senate District 12
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Tina's campaign website lists three main issues:
- The Budget Crisis: "Albany has driven us into a very dangerous position. We currently have a $9.2 billion budget deficit and it is only getting larger. The process of stopping it will not be easy and there will have to be many tough decisions made in order to get this crisis under control. We can do it now or wait until the deficit hits $30 billion, $40 billion or higher. We have seen what happens to a state when it goes bankrupt…California was issuing IOU’s and it represents the seventh largest economy in the world. We’re headed to the same destination and there can be no compromise on stopping it."
- School Choice: " Both sides of the aisle agree there are changes that need to take place in the public school system. We just saw that in a vote to increase the charter school cap from 200 schools to 460 schools. The secret is out, we need reform. The state must keep all options on the table including; charter school, voucher programs and looking at our current curriculum. This is another area we can no longer continue to drag our feet on. Our children need to be educated and they need the tools necessary to compete and move forward in life."
- Our Neighborhoods: "It feels like we have lost the sense of community in our neighborhoods. For too long we have dealt with graffiti, littering, obscene loud music from cars driving by, etc. Personal freedom is the foundation of our country, but it is not there for us to infringe on our neighbors’ rights and personal freedoms. We must respect our neighbors, their peace and their property. We have seen that the problem will not improve on its’ own, and the laws on the books are clearly not being enforced. We must look at those laws, throw out the useless ones and write new, enforceable laws and hold those in charge of enforcing them accountable. We cannot continue to allow our neighborhoods to be taken over by litter and filth."
- BA Biology, Villanova University 
- Sales, IT Staffing Agency, 2000-2002
- Owner, Property Management and Remodeling Company, 2002-Present 
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- Imagine Election profile
- Queens Gazette, "Cuomo Set To Lead Dem Sweep Here"