Difference between revisions of "Jerry F. Costello"
m (Text replace - '|Position = U.S. House of Representatives, ' to '|Position = U.S. House, ')
|Line 171:||Line 171:|
Revision as of 22:13, 13 December 2011
|Jerry F. Costello|
|U.S. House, Illinois's 12th Congressional District|
|August 9, 1988-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||25|
|Elections and appointments|
|St. Clair County Board|
|High school||Assumption High School (1968)|
|Bachelor's||Maryville College of the Sacred Heart (1973)|
|Associate's||Southwestern Illinois College, Associates Degree (1971)|
|Birthday||September 25, 1949|
|Place of birth||East St. Louis, Illinois|
|Profession||Law Enforcement Officer|
- Assumption High School, East Saint Louis, Illinois, 1968;
- Southwestern Illinois College, Associates Degree, 1971
- Maryville University, B.A., 1973.
- Prior to 1980:
- St. Clair County, Illinois: Court Bailiff, Deputy Sheriff, and Director of Court Services and Probation.
- Chief Investigator for the Illinois State Attorney’s office
- 1980-1988: St. Clair County Board, Chairman, County Executive
- 1988-Present: United States House of Representatives, Illinois's 12th Congressional District
U.S. House of Representatives
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space, and Technology 
- Subcommittee on Energy and Environment
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Aviation (Ranking member)
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Jerry F. Costello has voted with the Democratic Party 78 of the time, which ranked 174 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Costello won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Costello's campaign committee raised a total of $1,351,182 and spent $1,420,274 .
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois's 12th Congressional District, 2010 - Jerry F. Costello Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Jerry F. Costello's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$10,600|
|Air Line Pilots Assn||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$61,500|
Costello is married to Dr. Georgia Cockrum Costello and has three children: Jerry II (Lori), Gina, and John Patrick (Lindsay); eight grandchildren: John "Jay" Sinovic, Austin, Rorey and Ireland Keen, Jerry III, Victoria, and Georgia Danielle Costello, and John Patrick Costello, Jr.  They all reside in the Belleville area.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- U.S. Congressman Jerry Costello 12th District of Illinois "Biography" Accessed November 2, 2011
- Congressman Jerry F. Costello 12th District of Illinois "Committees/Caucuses" Accessed November 2, 2011
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Jerry F. Costello 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 2, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Illinois District 12
| Succeeded by|