Jerry F. Costello
|Jerry F. Costello|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois's 12th Congressional District|
|August 9, 1988-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||26|
|Elections and appointments|
|St. Clair County Board|
|High school||Assumption High School (1968)|
|Bachelor's||Maryville College of the Sacred Heart (1973)|
|Associate's||Southwestern Illinois College, Associates Degree (1971)|
|Birthday||September 25, 1949|
|Place of birth||East St. Louis, Illinois|
|Profession||Law Enforcement Officer|
- Assumption High School, East Saint Louis, Illinois, 1968;
- Southwestern Illinois College, Associates Degree, 1971
- Maryville University, B.A., 1973.
- Prior to 1980:
- St. Clair County, Illinois: Court Bailiff, Deputy Sheriff, and Director of Court Services and Probation.
- Chief Investigator for the Illinois State Attorney’s office
- 1980-1988: St. Clair County Board, Chairman, County Executive
- 1988-Present: United States House of Representatives, Illinois's 12th Congressional District
U.S. House of Representatives
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Science, Space, and Technology 
- Subcommittee on Energy and Environment
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Aviation (Ranking member)
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Jerry F. Costello has voted with the Democratic Party 78 of the time, which ranked 174 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
- U.S. Congressman Jerry Costello 12th District of Illinois "Biography" Accessed November 2, 2011
- Congressman Jerry F. Costello 12th District of Illinois "Committees/Caucuses" Accessed November 2, 2011
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
|U.S. House of Representatives - Illinois District 12
| Succeeded by|