Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 46|
|Bachelor's||San Diego State University|
|Birthday||April 29, 1958|
|Place of birth||Orange County, CA|
Hayden's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Restoring Financial Health
- Excerpt: "Loretta Sanchez and her colleagues refuse to stop government overspending. As our economy continues to sputter, Sanchez and her colleagues in Congress have increased federal spending by 31%. She fails to understand that we cannot borrow and spend our way out of a $15 trillion debt that equals nearly $49,000 for every single American."
- Jumpstarting the Economy
- Excerpt: "To fix this economy, we must again set the free market free. That’s why I’ll fight to immediately suspend job killing mandates, fees, and taxes. That includes rolling these back to the Reagan era, which resulted in the greatest economic expansion in America’s history."
- Promoting Excellence for the Future
- Excerpt: "I support a return of local control to local schools. On the federal level, that means getting government strings and mandates out of our public schools. Local school boards, principals and teachers must have freedom, and responsibility, for how they educate our children. The Sacramento, and increasingly Washington D.C., mentality that they know better has damaged local schools more than helped."
Hayden ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 46th District. He and district 47 incumbent Loretta Sanchez (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating John Cullum (R), Pat Garcia (R), and Jorge Rocha (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Sanchez won.
|Jerry Hayden (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$0||$54,985||$(9,628.97)||$45,356.03|
|Pre-Primary ||May 24, 2012||$45,356.03||$5,075||$(32,612.04)||$17,818.99|
Hayden and his wife, Helen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jerry + Hayden + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Jerry+Hayden+California+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Jerry Hayden News Feed
- CNN "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results
- Federal Election Commission "Jerry Hayden's Summary Report," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Jerry Hayden April Quarterly," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Jerry Hayden Pre-Primary," Accessed July 10, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography