Difference between revisions of "Jerry Williams"
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=KS&y=2008 Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised]</ref>" to "<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_result)
m (Text replace - "<ref>[http://www.kssos.org/elections/08elec/2008_General_Official_Results.pdf 2008 Kansas Election Results]</ref>" to "<ref>[http://www.kssos.org/elections/08elec/2008_General_Official_Results.pdf ''Kansas Secretary of State'', "2008 Gener)
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
On November 4, 2008, Williams was re-elected to the 8th District Seat in the [[Kansas House of Representatives]] with no opposition.<ref>[http://www.kssos.org/elections/08elec/2008_General_Official_Results.pdf
On November 4, 2008, Williams was re-elected to the 8th District Seat in the [[Kansas House of Representatives]] with no opposition.<ref>[http://www.kssos.org/elections/08elec/2008_General_Official_Results.pdf Kansas Election ]</ref> He raised $19,076 for his campaign.<ref>[http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=KS&y=2008 ''Follow the Money'', "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014]</ref>
Revision as of 06:16, 29 March 2014
|Kansas House of Representatives District 8|
|2001 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Southeastern State University (1964)|
|Master's||Southeastern State University (1966), Wichita State University (1985)|
|Other||Emporia State University (1971)|
|Birthday||February 15, 1941|
|Place of birth||Burkburnett, Texas|
Prior to being elected, Williams served as a Chanute City Commissioner from 1986-1992 and a Neosho County Commissioner from 1992-1997. He has undergraduate and graduate degrees in Education along with a Master of Science in Gerontology. Williams has worked in a number of fields, including farming and ranching, teaching, and hospital administration.
Married to wife Kathy for over 40 years, they have five children and eight grandchildren.
Williams refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Williams' answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2000 National Political Awareness Test are available.
- H 2206 Amendments to late term and partial birth abortion law. 03/05/2009
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Pensions, Investments and Benefits Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
- Aging and Long Term Care Committee, House of Representatives (Ranking Member)
- Appropriations Committee, House of Representatives
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget Committee, House of Representatives
Williams won re-election to the 8th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He was also unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 8|
|Jerry Williams (D)||7,247||100%|
In 2010, Williams received $15,520 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jerry Williams's campaign in 2010|
|Phillips Racing Team||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$500|
|Kansas Hospital Association||$500|
|Robbins, Gary L||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$15,520|
In 2008 Williams collected $19,076 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Beachner, Eugene C.||$500|
|Robbins, Gary L.||$500|
|Beachner, Eugene K. (Corky)||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jerry + Williams + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Jerry Williams
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2000,2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Kansas Democratic Party - Rep. Jerry Williams
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Williams Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2010 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2008 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kansas 2008 - Candidates," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 8
| Succeeded by|
Craig McPherson (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |