|U.S. House, Alabama, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||14|
Smith is a 14 year U.S. Army Combat Veteran. He served during Operation Iraqi Freedom as a squad leader and platoon sergeant. While serving in the military, he earned induction into the Sergeant Audey Leon Murphy Leadership Club.
Smith's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Any legislation that I introduce will prioritize support for wounded warriors, mental health, and the well being of our military families and veterans...I will advocate for additional funding for the VA."
- Voting rights
- Excerpt: "Voter indemnification laws can disproportionately burden young voters, people of color, low income families, people with disabilities, and the elderly."
- Excerpt: "Plan2020 is a great start but we need to follow through to ensure its success...I inten[d] to promote the raising of standards for preparatory programs for teachers as well as recognizing and rewarding good teaching, and retaining good teachers."
Smith is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 3rd District. Smith is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 3, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Smith and his wife, Carla, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jesse + Smith + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 3rd Congressional District
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|