|Virginia Senate District 27|
|2008 - Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||College of William and Mary|
|J.D.||DePaul University School of Law|
|Place of birth||Roanoke, VA|
Vogel received a B.A. at College of William and Mary and a J.D. at DePaul University School of Law.
Vogel worked as the managing partner of the law firm Holtzman Vogel Josefiak. Starting in 2004, she has been the Chief Counsel for the Republican National Committee. According to the biography presented on her law firm's website, "During November and December of 2000, she was counsel in the Florida Presidential Recount, acting on behalf of the Bush-Cheney campaign in West Palm Beach and in Osceola County."
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Vogel serves on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Vogel served on the following committees:
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 27 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Jill Vogel Incumbent||74.7%||24,555|
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2007
Vogel raised $1,510,421 for her campaign while Schultz raised $1,450,710 and Marro raised -$21,092.
|Virginia State Senate, District 27 (2007)|
|Jill Vogel (R)||24,960||48.44%|
|Karen Schultz (D)||24,301||47.16%|
|Donald Marro (I)||2,170||4.21%|
In 2011, Vogel received $452,223 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jill Vogel's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Republican Party||$62,395|
|Holtzman, William B||$25,000|
|Holtzman, William B||$20,000|
|Holtzman, William B||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$452,223|
|Total Votes received in 2011||24,555|
|Cost of each vote received||$18.42|
Below are Vogel's top five campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|William B. Holtzman||$308,747|
|Holtzman Vogel PLLC||$100,950|
|Republican Senate Victory PAC||$50,000|
|Republican Party of Virginia||$45,474|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jill + Vogel + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Vogel's website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2007
- Jill Vogel on Facebook
- Virginia General Assembly, "Senator Jill Holtzman Vogel," accessed February 20, 2014
- Mercury News, "Attorneys for shadowy Arizona group pack powerful political connections," November 1, 2012
- hvjlaw.com, "About Jill Holtzman," accessed February 20, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 2011 General Election Official Results," accessed February 20, 2014
- 2007 Election Results, "Virginia Senate, District 27"
- followthemoney.org, "2007 Campaign Spending, Virginia Senate, District 27," accessed February 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2011 contributions," accessed February 20, 2014
H Potts Jr.
|Virginia Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|