|Michigan House of Representatives District 49|
| Assumed office|
January 1, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Ananich is a former teacher, and has served for four years on the Flint City Council, including one year as its president.
Ananich graduated from Michigan State Unviersity.
Political campaign history
Ananich won election to the District 49 Seat in 2010. He defeated Kyle Cawood, Larry Huchinson, Jr. and Jerry Runyon in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Allen Pool (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 49 General election (2010)|
|Jim Ananich (D)||16,798|
|Allen Pool (R)||7,886|
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Jim Ananich’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In 2010, Ananich raised $94,828 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Friends Of Jim Ananich||$10,312|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,000|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$2,000|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ananich has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Agriculture and Rural Development, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy, Labor, and Economic Growth, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on School Aid
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ananich served on these committees:
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Jim Ananich
N898 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: (517) 373-7515
Ananich has a wife, Andrea.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010