Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 17
of the Alabama House of Representatives
Bonner was a 2010 Republican candidate for District 6 of the Alabama State Senate. The primary election was on June 1, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010.
Bonner's professional experience includes working as an instructor for the Alabama College System and a farmer.
Bonner's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Jobs are my first priority. Alabama needs jobs."
- Excerpt: "My pledge to the people of Alabama is to never, In my tenure as your State Senator, vote for a Tax Increase unless it is tied to a like amount tax decrease for the taxes YOU in district 6 pay. "
- Excerpt: "I pledge to adequately fund the technical schools in our district. To offer training in developing technical fields like wind and solar as well as traditional heavy manufacturing such as automobile and electrical power generation."
- Excerpt: "The impact on the tax base should be obvious. Without jobs there is no income and no income tax. No tax means no money to pay teachers, and roads and hospitals must suffer as we slide further down the pike. "
- See also: Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Don Barnwell was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mike Millican defeated Jim Bonner in the Republican primary. Millican defeated Barnwell in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 17, General Election, 2014
||Mike Millican Incumbent
|| Don Barnwell
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 17 Republican Primary, 2014
Mike Millican Incumbent
| Jim Bonner
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Bonner was defeated in the November 2 general election by Roger Bedford.
| Alabama State Senate, District 6 General election (2010)
| Roger Bedford (D)
| Jim Bonner (R)
Bonner has four children.
- ↑ Jim Bonner's campaign website
- ↑ Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- ↑ Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- ↑ Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013