was a Republican candidate
for District 6
of the Alabama State Senate
. The primary election
was on June 1, 2010 and the general election was on November 2
Bonner currently works as an instructor for the Alabama College System and has done so since 1984. He has four children and also currently works as a farmer.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Bonner was defeated in the November 2 general election by Roger Bedford.
| Alabama State Senate, District 6 General election (2010)
| Roger Bedford (D)
| Jim Bonner (R)
Bonner's website talks about the following four issues:
- Excerpt: "Jobs are my first priority. Alabama needs jobs."
- Excerpt: "My pledge to the people of Alabama is to never, In my tenure as your State Senator, vote for a Tax Increase unless it is tied to a like amount tax decrease for the taxes YOU in district 6 pay. "
- Excerpt: "I pledge to adequately fund the technical schools in our district. To offer training in developing technical fields like wind and solar as well as traditional heavy manufacturing such as automobile and electrical power generation."
- Excerpt: "The impact on the tax base should be obvious. Without jobs there is no income and no income tax. No tax means no money to pay teachers, and roads and hospitals must suffer as we slide further down the pike. "