Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30|
|Years of service||8 years|
Carley served in the United States Army as a Lieutenant Colonel. He has also served as an active member of the Iowa Army National Guard and the Army Reserves.
Prior to retirement, Carley worked as a manager and salesman for a distribution company.
Carley's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Life and Marriage
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception and ends at natural death. I believe in traditional marriage between one man and one woman."
- Excerpt:" We must stand strong and fight for them or we will continue to lose our liberties."
- Excerpt:"By eliminating uncertainty and providing a positive business climate, we will encourage new businesses to locate in Iowa and established businesses to remain in Iowa, thus providing needed jobs for hard working Iowans and career opportunities for our young people."
- Excerpt:"It has been shown that states that reduce taxes and spending along with decreasing regulatory policies experience robust economic growth during strong economic times and are more resilient to adverse economic trends during weak economic times."
- Excerpt:"Iowa’s children deserve a premiere education. Iowa’s current public educational system is broken, as evidenced by Iowa’s declining test scores when compared with other states."
Carley ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 30. He defeated Carol Miller in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by Joe Riding (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Carol J. Miller||26.9%||231|
Carley and his wife of 44 years, Kathy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Carley + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jim Carley on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |