|James A. Himes|
|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 4|
|January 3, 2009-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|High school||Hopewell Valley Central High School|
|Birthday||July 5, 1966|
|Place of birth||Lima, Peru|
|Profession||Affordable Housing Executive|
Born in Lima, Peru to American parents, he spent the early years of his childhood in Peru and Colombia while his father worked for the Ford Foundation and UNICEF. At the age of ten, Jim moved with his mother and sister to the United States. Jim graduated from Hopewell Valley Central High School and then attended Harvard University. After completing his undergraduate work in 1988, Jim earned a Rhodes Scholarship, which enabled him to attend Oxford University in England where he continued his studies of Latin America, including research in El Salvador. He earned his M. Phil. in 1990.
- 2009-Present: U.S. House of Representatives, Connecticut's 4th congressional district
- 2003-2009: Enterprise Foundation/Enterprise Community Partners
- 2007-2009: Vice President
- 2002-2004: Commissioner of Greenwich Housing Authority
- 1990-2003: Goldman Sachs, Vice President
- Board member for:
- Aspira of Connecticut
- Fairfield County Community Foundation
- Family Assets, LLC (Advisory Board Member)
- Greenwich Board of Estimate and Taxation (Elected Member)
- Greenwich Democratic Town Committee Chair
U.S. House of Representatives
Himes serves on the following committees:
- Financial Services Committee
- Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government-Sponsored Enterprises
- Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
James A. Himes voted with the Democratic Party 89 of the time, which ranked 151 among the 192 House Democratic members as of November 2011.
Himes is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Connecticut's 4th District. Himes is seeking re-election on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run is March 9, 2012. The primary elections will be held on August 14, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Connecticut's 4th Congressional District, 2010 - Jim Himes Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,965,915|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,961,841|
|Top contributors to Jim Himes's campaign committee|
|Brown Brothers Harriman & Co||$19,200|
|Metropolitan Museum of Art||$19,200|
|Pullman & Comley||$18,850|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$495,630|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jim + Himes + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Jim Himes "About Jim" Accessed October 15, 2011
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress "HIMES, James A., (1966 - )"
- Jim Himes, Representing Connecticut's Fourth District "About Jim"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "James A. Himes 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 8, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Connecticut, District 4
| Succeeded by|