|Indiana House of Representatives District 69|
|November 7, 2012-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Seymour High School|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Lucas' professional experience includes owning his own awning company. He served in the United States Marine Corps.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lucas served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environmental Affairs|
|• Public Policy|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Jim Lucas was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Lucas won election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 69. Lucas ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Jim McCormick (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
In the May 4th primary, Lucas ran unopposed and received 9,510 votes..
Comprehensive donor information for Lucas is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Lucas raised a total of $260,910 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Jim Lucas's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 69||$82,887|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 66||$178,023|
|Grand Total Raised||$260,910|
2012Lucas won election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lucas raised a total of $82,887.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Lucas's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$38,540|
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$21,309|
|Hoosiers for Economic Growth||$7,000|
|Mcgee, Richard Y||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$82,887|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Lucas and his wife, Lynn, have 3 children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Lucas + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- jimlucasforhouse.com, "About Jim," accessed April 24, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lucas, Jim," accessed September 10, 2013
David Cheatham (D)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 69
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |