|Wisconsin State Assembly District 85|
Maas is retired from the field of instructional support. He earned his B.S. in Education from UW-Stevens Point in 1967 and his M.S. from UW-Stout in 1972.
Maas' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Life & Death: Let the people decide.
- Excerpt: "Most people would prefer to have the right to self-determination in dying with dignity. The government should be less involved in our lives and certainly stay out of our deaths."
Jobs? Jobs? Jobs?
- Excerpt: "Minimum wage is not what people depend on to raise a family; it is how young and entry workers get into the workforce, learn job skills, and begin saving money. Reduce or eliminate the minimum wage to allow more people to find temporary and part-time jobs."
State Laws and Regulation
- Excerpt: "we can hardly make a move without running into some sort of Federal law or regulation, at our expense. The Wisconsin Legislature and our Congressional delegation must defend our sovereignty or be held accountable."
The Wisconsin Guard
- Excerpt: "Wisconsin must reassert control over the Wisconsin Guard, according to our constitution and laws. Our State must protect and preserve our Guard and not let Washington suck it dry."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Maas ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 85. He ran unopposed in the Libertarian primary on August 14 and lost to Mandy Wright (D) and Patrick Snyder (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 85, General Election, 2012|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Maas + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Maas' profile on LinkedIn
- Maas on Facebook
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
- Candidate bio submission, September 4, 2012
- message2madison.info, Official campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |