|Alabama House of Representatives District 50|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Birmingham-Southern College, 1965|
|Other||OD, University of Houston, 1967|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
McClendon is a retired optometrist. He had a private practice from 1971-2002, and served as Assistant Professor of Optometry at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
McClendon is a Trustee of the Springville First United Methodist Church. He is also President of the Alabama Optometric Association, founder director of Davis Lake Fire Department, and member of the Jefferson County Health Planning Commission.
McClendon served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Health Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Shelby County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (State Government), Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology, Chair
McClendon won re-election to the 50th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
McClendon raised $126,117 for his campaign.
In 2010, McClendon raised $133,149 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Optometric Association||$25,000|
|Mcclendon, James H||$20,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$6,000|
|Community Bankers Association Of Alabama||$2,500|
|Fight Back For Justice||$2,500|
In 2006, McClendon collected $126,117 in donations.
Below are McClendon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Optometric Assoc||$25,000|
|Community Bankers Assoc of AL||$5,000|
|Sound Economy PAC||$1,500|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + McClendon + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
McClendon and his wife Ellen have two children.
- Jim McClendon Homepage
- Alabama Legislature - Jim McClendon
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
|Alabama House District 50
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|