Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 25|
|High school||Marmion Military Academy|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana|
|Master's||University of Chicago|
|Birthday||June 10, 1946|
|Place of birth||Aurora, IL|
|Profession||Chairman, Oberweis Dairy|
Oberweis worked as a teacher at Waldo Junior High School in Aurora before entering the financial services industry, eventually launching three no-load mutual funds. He is also the Chairman of Oberweis Dairy.
Oberweis earned a BA from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana and an MBA from the University Of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
On his campaign website, Oberweis details three main issues:
- Term Limits:
- Excerpt: "In order to return to our Founding Fathers’ original notion of a citizen legislature, I support term limits for all members of the Illinois General Assembly. I believe individual state Representatives should be limited to serving a maximum of four two-year terms, and I believe individual state Senators should be limited to serving two four-year terms."
- Taxes and Spending:
- Excerpt: "Massive overspending and over-borrowing by the state government isn’t important just because it fuels higher taxes, it’s important because it crowds out private investment and makes it difficult for job creators to do their thing."
- More and Better Jobs:
- Excerpt: "We must reform our tax code; repeal the job-killing tax hikes on personal and corporate income, death taxes, and business losses enacted by the lame duck legislature; reform our workmen’s compensation system to bring it in line with our neighboring states; and continue to reform our tort laws if we want businesses once again to invest capital to grow jobs in Illinois."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Oberweis won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 25. Oberweis defeated Dave Richmond and Richard Slocum in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Corinne Pierog (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Chris Lauzen (R) did not run for re-election in District 25.
|Illinois State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Oberweis lives with his wife Julie in Sugar Grove. They have five children, two stepchildren, and sixteen grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Oberweis + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Jim+Oberweis+Illinois+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Jim Oberweis News Feed
- Official campaign website
- Jim Oberweis on Facebook
- Jim Oberweis on Twitter
- Jim Oberweis on YouTube
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Jim Oberweis for State Senate, "About," accessed January 4, 2011
- Jim Oberweis for State Senate, "Solutions," accessed January 4, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012