Jim Patterson (Alabama)
|Alabama House of Representatives District 21|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Jacksonville State University, 1972|
|Birthday||April 2, 1950|
|Place of birth||Huntsville, AL|
Patterson earned his BS in Business from Jacksonville State University in 1972. He then served in the United States Army as a Captain from 1972 to 1976.
Patterson worked as a Broker for Thompson MC Kerrior from 1976 to 1980. He then worked in sales for Bristol Myers from 1980 to 2008. He has been the owner of Patterson Properties since 1999.
Patterson's political experience includes his service on the School Board of Madison County from 1988 to 2000.
Patterson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs
- Subcommittee on Health Care Professionals and Procedures
- Local Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Madison County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 21 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Patterson (R)||6,654|
|Randy Hinshaw (D)||6,201|
Patterson's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Every candidate claims to be for Economic Development, but Jim Patterson has a true understanding of the subject. Economic Development is not just creating jobs, but creating a long-term sustainable source of income for the citizens of House District 21 and North Alabama alike."
- Excerpt: "Jim Patterson has a plan that partners local industries with the two-year college system to create Certificate and Associates degree programs that are tailored to their workforce needs."
- Excerpt: "Its time to change the landscape of Montgomery and return the power to the People of Alabama. It all starts by passing meaningful Ethics Reform Laws."
- Excerpt: "It is time for a State Representative that is going to join a team to bring funding for roads to North Alabama."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Jim Patterson believes that in order to have a truly sovereign nation, we must be able to secure our borders and put an end to illegal immigrants’ infiltration of our jobs, our hospitals and the social services that were intended for our country’s citizens who are in need."
- Excerpt: "In addition to good schools, a trainable workforce and safe roads and infrastructure, the final piece of the puzzle to attract new corporations and their jobs is low taxes."
- Socialized Health Care (Obamacare)
- Excerpt: "Obamacare, or recent Healthcare Reform Bill that forces the people to subscribe to or participate in a social healthcare system, is the biggest breach of personal rights and responsibilities that has ever been enacted on the citizens of the United State in our history."
- Gambling in Alabama
- Excerpt: "Though Jim Patterson does not personally believe that gambling is something we need in Alabama, he will allow a clean bill, free from special interest protections, loop holes for corruption and creation of gambling monopolies, to come to a vote by the people of the State of Alabama."
- 2nd Amendment - Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "He will always insure the citizens of Alabama never have there 2nd Amendment right to bear arms taken from them."
- Excerpt: "Jim Patterson appreciates the sanctity of life and believes that life begins at conception."
- Excerpt: "Jim will not support legislation to allow same-sex marriages in the State of Alabama."
Patterson was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Patterson raised $135,091 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$46,419|
|Patterson, James M||$20,556|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Patterson + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Scottsboro boys officially pardoned - The University of Alabama Crimson White
- Tom Drake: Cullman's living legend - Cullman Times Online
- Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley helping GOP legislators - Tuscaloosa News (subscription)
- Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley helping Republican legislators in 2014 election - The Republic
- 'Scottsboro Boys' Receive Posthumous Pardon - Huffington Post
- JFK Assassination 50 years later: A Civil Rights Legacy - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Patterson and his wife Susan have three children.
- Jim Patterson's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Jim Patterson on Facebook
|Alabama House District 21
| Succeeded by|