Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives, District 77|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Flushing, MI|
Roach's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will work to build a consortium with other Florida Representatives, local government, business and educational leaders to attract businesses here.This would allow SW Florida to grow and diversify economically and relieve our dependence on the tourism and housing industries."
- Excerpt: "The root cause of undocumented workers is that American businesses PAY them to come here. We must enforce the border, pay living wages to farm and meat processing workers and fix the guest worker program so workers can move farm to farm.We should adjust tariffs and trade agreements on imported foods so that US. farms can compete with foreign imports."
- The Deficit
- Excerpt: "The Affordable Care Act will reduce the rate of health care growth but fundamental changes of our health delivery system must be implemented to reduce cost and improve quality."
- Excerpt: "I will fight against privatizing Medicare and cutting benefits. Medicare has a substantially lower administrative overhead than private insurance companies. New fraud reduction initiatives are working and will further bring Medicare costs under control. "
- Social Security
- Excerpt: "To extend the solvency well into the future, we simply need to raise the income cap on payroll tax. The income cap on social security payroll tax is currently $106,800.00. The top 3% are paying a much smaller percentage of their income compared to the middle class."
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Dane Eagle defeated Terry Cramer, Brandon Ivey and Jim Roach in the Republican primary and will face Jeremy A. Wood (I) in the general election.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 77 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dane Eagle Incumbent||64.1%||7,956|
Roach was defeated by Republican Trey Radel. Roach ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 19th District. Roach sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of June 8, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012. Roach ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He was defeated by Republican Trey Radel in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Florida District 19 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Florida Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Florida District 19, 2012 - Jim Roach Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,068,123|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$946,371|
|Top contributors to Jim Roach's campaign committee|
|Painters & Allied Trades Union||$5,000|
|United Auto Workers||$2,500|
|Ht Capital Advisors||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$6,000|
|Building Trade Unions||$5,500|
Roach and his wife, Theresa, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Roach + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives District 77
- Florida House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Florida State Legislature
- AP Results, "U.S. House Results" accessed August 14, 2012
- Campaign website
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Florida"
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate List" accessed March 28, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 18, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |