Difference between revisions of "Jim Scott"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
For all of 2009, and currently in 2010, the "Issues"
For all of 2009, and currently in 2010, the "Issues" of Scott's official website been blank. There is a label on the that claims "under construction."
Revision as of 09:27, 5 February 2010
|Virginia House of Delegates District 53|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Website||Delegate Jim Scott|
Christopher Merola is the son on Italian immigrants, whose lives were saved by the US Army during WW II. He is a new media consultant that has worked for two Republican Members of Congress.
Scott currently works as a consultant on community affairs for Inova Health System. He has previously served on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Northern Virginia Planning District Commission.
For all of 2009, and currently in 2010, the "Issues" and "Community Service" sections of Scott's official website have been blank. Scott's Republican challenger, Christopher Merola, took issue with Scott's apathetic approach to updating his own web site pages. There is a label on the pages that claims they are "under construction."
- Appropriations Committee, Virginia House
- Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee, Virginia House
- Privileges and Elections Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Appointments
- Subcommittee on Capital Outlay
- Subcommittee on Elementary & Secondary Education
- Subcommittee on Transportation
- HB 2380 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of text messaging while driving certain vehicles.
- HB 2382 Governor's Advisory Board for National and Community Service; established.
- HB 2668 Fair Housing Law; unlawful discrimination when based on sexual orientation.
The top 5 donors to Scott's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Scott, Jim $10,000
- 2. Dominion $3,000
- 3. Northern VA Assoc of Realtors $2,500
- 4. VA Hospital & Healthcare Assoc $2,500
- 5. West Group $2,000
- Delegate Jim Scott official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Scott
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |