Difference between revisions of "Jim Scott"
|Line 105:||Line 105:|
Revision as of 20:08, 11 August 2011
|Virginia House of Delegates District 53|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Christopher Merola is the son on Italian immigrants, whose lives were saved by the US Army during WW II. He is a new media consultant that has worked for two Republican Members of Congress.
Scott currently works as a consultant on community affairs for Inova Health System. He has previously served on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Northern Virginia Planning District Commission.
For all of 2009, and currently in 2010, the "Issues" and "Community Service" sections of Scott's official website have been blank. Scott's Republican challenger, Christopher Merola, took issue with Scott's apathetic approach to updating his own web site pages. There is a label on the pages that claims they are "under construction."
- Privileges and Elections
- Elections Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #3
- HB 2380 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of text messaging while driving certain vehicles.
- HB 2382 Governor's Advisory Board for National and Community Service; established.
- HB 2668 Fair Housing Law; unlawful discrimination when based on sexual orientation.
Scott is running for re-election to the District 53 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Scott was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Christopher Merola in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 53 (2009)|
|Jim Scott (D)||13,022|
The top 5 donors to Scott's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Democratic Party||$12,131|
|John M. Toups||$3,000|
|Northern Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
- Delegate Jim Scott official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Scott
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |