Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 53|
|1992 - Present|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill|
|Master's||University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, George Mason University|
|Place of birth||Galax, VA|
|Religion||United Church of Christ|
Christopher Merola is the son on Italian immigrants, whose lives were saved by the US Army during WW II. He is a new media consultant that has worked for two Republican Members of Congress.
Scott currently works as a consultant on community affairs for Inova Health System. He has previously served on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Northern Virginia Planning District Commission.
Scott earned his B.A. in English from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1960, his M.A. in English from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1965, and his M.P.A. from George Mason University in 1982.
- Privileges and Elections
- Elections Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #3
- HB 2380 Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use of text messaging while driving certain vehicles.
- HB 2382 Governor's Advisory Board for National and Community Service; established.
- HB 2668 Fair Housing Law; unlawful discrimination when based on sexual orientation.
Scott is running for re-election to the District 53 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Scott was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Christopher Merola in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 53 (2009)|
|Jim Scott (D)||13,022|
The top 5 donors to Scott's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$12,131|
|John M. Toups||$3,000|
|Northern Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
- Delegate Jim Scott official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Scott
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |