|Montana State Senate District 45|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana State House of Representatives|
|1999 - 2005|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana, 1969|
|J.D.||University of Montana Law School, 1976|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1965-1966, 1969-1988|
|Date of birth||September 12, 1944|
|Place of birth||Mesa, AZ|
Shockley earned his BA from the University of Montana in 1969. He went on to receive his JD from the University of Montana Law School in 1976.
Shockley was an Officer in the United States Marine Corps from 1965 to 1966 and again from 1969 to 1988. He has been a private practice lawyer since 1989.
Shockley served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2005.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Shockley served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Shockley served on these committees:
- Ethics Committee, Montana Senate
- Fish and Game Committee, Montana Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Montana Senate
- State Administration Committee, Montana Senate
- See also: Montana attorney general election, 2012
|Montana Attorney General Republican Primary, 2012|
|Election Results via Montana Secretary of State.|
|Montana State Senate, District 45 (2008)|
|Jim Shockley (R)||8,667|
In 2008, Shockley collected $2,205 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Montana Trial Lawyers Association||$160|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Shockley + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Shockley has a wife, Marilee.
- Montana attorney general election, 2012
- Current Montana AG Steve Bullock
- Attorney General of Montana
- Montana state executive official elections, 2012
- Jim Shockley's official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Shockey for Attorney General Campaign Site
|Montana State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|
Fred Thomas (R)