Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 32|
Sorvillo's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "Tax reform must be a priority. Dealing with the income tax, sales tax, property tax, corporate tax, excise tax, capital gain tax and more, is confusing and a burden to the average person."
- "Arkansas is the seventh highest taxed state, this is unacceptable. Arkansas' unemployment rate is at a all time high, this is unacceptable. To create jobs in Arkansas, the business tax rate will need to be competitive with our neighboring states."
- "A recent survey reported that $161 million dollars in unemployment insurance paid out either in error or fraudulent claims. There is no excuse for this oversight. If in error, rectify, if fraud, prosecute, regardless this money should be recovered."
- "Voter identification should be made to all citizens that vote."
- "The state leadership should not be in the business of picking winners or losers through "the Quick Action Closing Fund". President Obama tried it and in one instance it has cost the American tax payers more than $535 million dollars in loan guarantees. This money went down the drain in a bankrupt solar panel business."
- "There are reasons to use investment incentives to attract capital which would create jobs but, there must be close scrutiny and due process in an effort to avoid more of the same waste, fraud and abuse. "
- "The so called "Obama Healthcare Bill" should be repealed at the federal level. The Democrat controlled state House and Senate, should cease with their efforts to implement a federal national health care mandate."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. John Adams was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Sorvillo defeated Pat Hays in the Republican primary. Adams will face Sorvillo in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 32 Republican Primary, 2014|
Sorvillo ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 32. Sorvillo ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent David Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Johnson Incumbent||56.8%||22,183|
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 32
Sorvillo and his wife, Elizabeth, have two children.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|