|Wisconsin State Assembly District 5|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||11/23/1970|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, WI|
Steineke was an Outgamie County supervisor from 2006-2011, and served the Town of Vandenbroek as town chair from 2007-2011 and town supervisor from 2005-2007.
He graduated from Wauwatosa High School and attended both the Milwaukee and Oshkosh branches of University of Wisconsin.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steineke has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Steineke is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 5. Steineke ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He will face Democratic primary winner Jeff McCabein the general election, which takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Steineke (R)||12,629|
|Mert Summers (D)||9,178|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Jim Steineke (R)||2,258||38.82%|
|David Landwehr (R)||1,785||30.69 %|
|Craig Fletcher(R)||1,772||30.47 %|
Steineke lists his primary themes as:
- "Limited government operating within the bounds of the Constitution"
- "Lower taxes and balanced budgets"
- "Protection and preservation of private property rights"
- "A free market economy"
- "Integrity and accountability in our elected officials"
In 2010, when Steineke first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $66,548 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Republican Assembly Campaign Committee||$1,700|
|1st District Republican Party of Wisconsin||$1,000|
|Cowles for Senate||$500|
|Ellis to Madison Committee||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Steineke is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jim + Steineke + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jim Steineke on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Steineke on Facebook
- Steineke on Twitter
- Steineke on LinkedIn
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Campaign website on priorities and solutions
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Jim Steineke candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |