|Wisconsin State Assembly District 5|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Wisconsin State Assembly|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Wauwatosa High School|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, WI|
Steineke graduated from Wauwatosa High School and attended both the Milwaukee and Oshkosh branches of University of Wisconsin.
Steineke was an Outgamie County supervisor from 2006 to 2011, and served the Town of Vandenbroek as town chair from 2007 to 2011 and town supervisor from 2005 to 2007.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Steineke served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Assembly Organization|
|• Mental Health|
|• Natural Resources and Sporting Heritage|
|• Legislative Organization|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Steineke served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Rural Economic Development|
Steineke's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Limited government operating within the bounds of the Constitution"
- "Lower taxes and balanced budgets"
- "Protection and preservation of private property rights"
- "A free market economy"
- "Integrity and accountability in our elected officials"
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Jeff McCabe was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jim Steineke was unopposed in the Republican primary. McCabe and Steineke will face off in the general election.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Steineke won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 5. Steineke ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Jeff McCabe in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Steineke Incumbent||55.9%||16,117|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5 General Election (2010)|
|Jim Steineke (R)||12,629|
|Mert Summers (D)||9,178|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Jim Steineke (R)||2,258||38.82%|
|David Landwehr (R)||1,785||30.69 %|
|Craig Fletcher(R)||1,772||30.47 %|
Comprehensive donor information for Steineke is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Steineke raised a total of $131,699 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Jim Steineke's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5||$45,897|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5||$66,548|
|2008||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 5||$19,254|
|Grand Total Raised||$131,699|
2012Steineke won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Steineke raised a total of $45,897.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Steineke's campaign in 2012|
|Smith, Karen R||$600|
|Wisconsin Bankers Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$45,897|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Steineke won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Steineke raised a total of $66,548.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Steineke's campaign in 2010|
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte||$1,700|
|1St District Republican Party of Wisconsin||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$66,548|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Steineke lost the election for the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2008. During that election cycle, Steineke raised a total of $19,254.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Steineke's campaign in 2008|
|Government Accountability Board||$6,073|
|Friends of Mike Huebsch||$500|
|Total Raised in 2008||$19,254|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Steineke is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jim + Steineke + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Jim Steineke on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Steineke on Facebook
- Steineke on Twitter
- Steineke on LinkedIn
- Wisconsin State Legislature, " 2013 Assembly Resolution 1," January 7, 2013
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall Partisan Primary, accessed May 5, 2014
- Government Accountability Board, "2012 Fall General Election," accessed May 5, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Steineke, Jim," accessed June 5, 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |