|Oregon House of Representatives District 23|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position (current service)||4|
|Years in position (previous service)||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Lincoln County, OR|
Jim Thompson was born in Lincoln County, Oregon and subsequently raised in Dallas, Oregon. He is currently married to Helga Thompson with two children.
Jim Thompson attended both Oregon State and Western Oregon University, College of Education.
Jim Thompson works as both a Plant Scientist for Bayer Corporation and an Emergency Medical Technician.
Jim Thompson served as a member on the Monmouth City Council before becoming a primary candidate for the Oregon House of Representatives, District 23 in 2004. In March, 2004, Thompson was appointed to fill the seat vacated by Lane Shetterly. He did not serve as a representative again until 2009 and has since continued to serve in that regard.
- Executive Director, Oregon Pharmacy Association, present
- Member, Health Safety Net Advisory Committee
- Member, Oregon Health Care Volunteer Advisory Committee
- Chair, Board of Directors, Polk County Fire District 1.
- Public Health Logistics Workgroup.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Thompson has been appointed to these committees:
- Energy, Environment and Water
- Health Care, Co-Chair
- Human Services, Vice Chair
- Joint Health Care Transformation
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Thompson served on these committees:
|Oregon State House, District 23|
|Jim Thompson (R)||16,371|
|Wesley West (D)||7,661|
On November 4, 2008, Thompson was elected to Oregon State House District 23.
|Oregon State House District 23|
|Jim Thompson (R)||15,878|
Thompson collected $78,217 in campaign donations in 2010. The largest donors to the campaign are listed below.
|Oregon House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jim Thompson's campaign in 2010|
|Oregon Pharmacists Fund||$2,500|
|Oregon Health Care Association||$2,500|
|Oregon Medical Association||$2,000|
|Willamette Egg Farms||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$78,217|
In 2008 Thompson collected $169,813 in donations.
These were his largest contributors in 2008.
|OREGON VICTORY PAC||$25,000|
|PROMOTE OREGON LEADERSHIP PAC||$23,203|
|OREGON FOREST INDUSTRIES COUNCIL||$8,500|
|FRIENDS OF ANDY OLSON||$5,500|
|ASSOCIATED OREGON LOGGERS||$5,000|
- Oregon House of Representative - Rep. Jim Thompson
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Unofficial Primary Results, State Representative, May 15, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Live Election, Election Results
- ↑ "Oregon State House official election results for 2008"
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donors
- ↑ 2008 campaign contributions
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 23
| Succeeded by|