Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Tennessee State Senate District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 21, 2013|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 18 seats in the Tennessee State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. A general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Brian Kelsey was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kelsey is unopposed in the general election. Jim Tomasik was removed from the candidate list before the Republican primary.
Tomasik ran in a special election for Tennessee House of Representatives District 91. The seat was vacant following Rep. Lois DeBerry (D)'s death on July 29, 2013, from pancreatic cancer. Tomasik was defeated by Raumesh Akbari (D) in the special election, which took place on November 21.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Tomasik + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee State Senate District 31
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives elections, 2014
- memphisdailynews.com, "11 File For State House District 91 Special Election," August 30, 2013
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- shelbyvote.com, "Certified Candidate List," accessed September 6, 2013
- memphisdailynews.com, "Akbari Wins Democratic State House Primary," October 9, 2013
- memphisdailynews.com, "'No' Pre-K Votes and Akbari Take Early Voting," November 22, 2013